The new expanded version of Entropy* has been in play testing. There are now 110+ mods in Entropy, with some additions that I am sure you will love. Our testing team has concluded testing and recommending item/gameplay balance changes. There are now two versions of Entropy to choose from; Lite (recommended) and Deluxe (latest version). Lite is for slower computers or computers that have problems with Optifine. Deluxe version has shaders and sound filters.
*BACKUP YOUR SINGLE PLAYER WORLDS, this version of Entropy breaks your existing maps.
Thanks to the following players for testing:
salem123412, Krole69 – now Entropy Moderators with /kick and /ban capabilities to help police for idiots. They cannot cheat though and are regular players without game-altering powers.
Lunar_Admiral, CallyStints, MMDGLaDOS, ubermincraft, dimondhunter, killercroc2002 – now Entropy builder rank with some extra commands and perks.
New Server on Valentine’s Day, February 14th. New Map, New Mods, New Structures!
Highlights/New Mods: Open Modular Turrets, 4Space adds Venus, Mercury and other planets to Galacticraft, MineChem, Better Records, Big Reactors, Minefactory Reloaded, Crayfish Furniture Mod, Obsidiplates, Re-adding of a glitch-fixed OpenBlocks, Pam’s Harvestcraft (tons of foods), Thermal Expansion, Tradebooth, Minetweaker and more.
Many blocks and items have had their recipes removed or have been disabled to fix glitches. I hope that you have a fair and balanced gaming experience when I open the server tomorrow. You keep your money and clans from the last map.
UPDATE 1/23: The new Entropy server is open, with the features listed below. Please avoid combat in the spawn area. You also can’t build in the spawn area and need to leave the city. Read claim information below.
Thanks to the many people who have provided feedback for the Entropy mod pack and server. In particular, thanks to salem123412, mmdglados, Captain Rob Gaming, krole69, Edreak and Amaxter for their help; not to mention all of the mod authors, especially Arisuxx for Aliens vs Predator, Coros for the Localized Weather Mod and the Enviromine team.
There is good news and bad news. The bad news first:
– The current survival map is broken due to ‘hive resin’ and other AvP blocks spreading like mad; creating hundreds of thousands of ticking tile entities. (I can stop this moving forward). We will need to start a new map though and there is nothing I can do about it.. sorry, I tried.
The good news. I have taken feedback from salem123412 and mmdglados related to server security and game balance. The following changes will be in effect when the new server launches on 1/23/2015:
1. The OpenBlocks mod will be removed because of many exploits, some which allow duping, griefing and removal of blocks in protected zones.
2. Updated anti-griefing, spamming and cheating controls will be put into place. This is being done due to the amount of time players have spent trying to break my server. I provide my servers as a free service to the community, and make no money from any of it, so it pains me that people are bent on destroying it at the expense of other’s enjoyment.
3. The SecurityCraft Code Breaker device is disabled. In combination with the new claim system, SecurityCraft should keep your gear safe; even when on the surface. However, you will still need to deploy a Meteor Shield and a Weather Deflector to protect your land from nature.
4. All users will have the ability to make a claim, by placing their first chest. Users can trust others to use their claims and open their containers/etc. The size of your claim is dependent on your total amount of (non-idle) playing time. This claim is protected against the mods tested in Entropy with some caveats.
5. To help reduce lag and abuse, there will be an economy and costs associated with teleportation, kits and other functions.
6. The concept of community is being added with the introduction of a clan or guild system. Also a scoreboard will record kills, deaths and other details for the player and their respective clans.
7. Login this Friday, January 23rd to the new server. Certain players will be promoted to ‘mods’ and those players will be announced. They will be able to see server lag and stop/restart the server when conditions require it. Also they will be able to contact me more directly to alert of problems.
Thanks and maybe I will see you on the Entropy:Battlefield server also available within the mulitplayer area of the Entropy client.
UPDATE 1/9/2015 – Come play on the new Entropy server, spawn and map. SecurityCraft was added as well as updates to almost every mod in the pack. It also should get better FPS and has new shaders for less visual glitches.
Version 110 of Entropy to be released soon, with a new server map, tons up updates, a new spawn and protections available using SecurityCraft for regular players. Select version 110 from the Technic launcher options for Entropy if you want to give v110 a try in single player before it goes live for server play.
UPDATE- these ruins generate on Earth and Varda within single-player or on the glixyl.org server available within multiplayer. Entropy is the only mod pack that generates Aliens vs Predator ruins and is the only way to get AvP blocks without cheating!
We have been experimenting with generating Aliens vs Predator ruins, using the blocks from the mod; which are not craft-able in game. The good news is that we are now getting results and here are some images of alien, predator and marine ruins naturally generating during exploration. There are some tricks, traps and monsters to deal with; but a treasure lies within each most ruins added. Slime, which is difficult to come by, now spawns within protected ruins on the planet Varda (LV-223). I think the best part of these additions is that you can get these cool blocks that are more advanced and less prone to block physics, allowing for the complex construction shown in these images. New ruins coming in next version after testing is completed and we get a few more ruins made. (by the way, Dev_ill and I are no artists- so if you are interested in creating templates for possible inclusion in Entropy, post a comment below or contact @glixyl on Twitter.)
UPDATE 10/24/2014 – Beautiful, Deadly version 100 now live with public server in the Technic Launcher.
Beautiful, Deadly is the newest public server at glixyl.org. It contains the following mods:
ChickenShed, Starting Inventory, Aquaculture, Archimedes Ships, Atum: Journey into the Sands, BiblioCraft, BloodMagic, ChickenCore, Doomlike Dungeons, Dragon Mounts, Ender Storage, EnviroMine, ExtraBiomesXL, Lycanites Mobs, Mantle, Crayfish Furniture, NEI, OreDictionaryConverter, PetBat, RopesPlus, Ruins, Tinkers Construct, Thaumcraft, Thaumcraft Mob Aspects, Thaumic Tinkerer, Tinker’s Mechworks, Twilight Forest, Waila, Yet Another Food Mod, a variety of shaders.
If you are interested in hosting a official (Bukkit) or non-official Entropy or Beautiful Deadly server with a permanent entry in the multi-player server list; please message me on Twitter @glixyl or make a comment on this post.
I wanted to give a big shout out and thanks to Max Patten and friends for both collaborating with me on my newest works as well as allowing my mod packs to be hosted from their Technic Solder repository.
Max also helped me with the latest version of Entropy, version 105-106; which I have had great feedback on so far. Salut!
In the coming months, Max and I plan to release a mod pack together; so hold on to your hat!!!